As a mission of the Bradley Hills Presbyterian Church, the Bradley Hills Nursery School seeks to provide a relaxed atmosphere of loving and caring in which children are encouraged to develop their own talents, uniqueness, and self-esteem. Bradley Hills nurtures all aspects of a child’s growth: social, emotional, physical, mental and spiritual. Nursery school is a group experience; therefore, our programs place an equal emphasis on helping the child learn the disciplines of social interactions and personal responsibility.
As a church-sponsored institution, the Bradley Hills Nursery School seeks to reflect Christian values in all of its activities. Stories, pictures and prayers drawn from Christian traditions are included in the curriculum.
A Nursery School of Excellence
Bradley Hills Presbyterian Church Nursery School (BHPCNS) is recognized as a school of excellence with an international enrollment. Our staff members are extremely well qualified: each teacher has a college degree or training in preschool education; assistants are qualified and experienced in early childhood care. Admission is open to children of all races, faiths, ethnic backgrounds and nationalities.
- Two Year Olds: This program gives children the opportunity to explore music, stories, free play and creative art activities. Teacher to child ratio is one to six.
- Three Year Olds: This program introduces cognitive activities and structure through art, music and story time. Children learn to share and enjoy group play. Teacher to child ratio is one to seven.
- Four Year Olds: This program focuses on complex cognitive activities with art, music and story time. Teacher to child ratio is one to nine.
These curriculum supplements are presented on a monthly basis.
- Music for two, three and four year olds.
- Aerobics for two, three and four year olds
- Science for three and four year olds
- Literature for three and four year olds
This year our campers will be exploring all things related to camping. Our 2019 camp programming is changing a bit from previous years. There will still be lots of fun both inside and outside.
- There will be one camp session that runs for 9 days. Camp will run between Monday, June 17th and Thursday, June 27th between 9:00 am & 12:30 pm.
- There will be early morning drop off available too.
- All currently enrolled BHPCNS children, including those in our 2s’ programs, may attend camp. For children not completely potty trained there will be an additional fee.
- For more details, stop by the office. Registration forms have gone home in your child’s tote bag. Additional copies are available outside the office.
Liz Sobrino, Director
Daily Schedule for Nursery School
All Nursery School programs begin at 9 am.
- Two Year Olds: Monday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday or Wednesdays. The Wednesday class is geared toward children who have summer birthdays.
- Three Year Olds: Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Four Year Olds: Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Monday through Friday
- Stay and Play: For Three’s and Four’s, four or five days* per week from 12:30-2:30 pm.
*Days dependent upon demand and staffing ability. Stay and Play begins in October of each school year.
Play, Grow, Learn……..
Bradley Hills Presbyterian Church Nursery School (BHPCNS), a mission of the Bradley Hills Presbyterian Church, nurtures all aspects of a child’s growth through an age appropriate play-based program.
Bradley Hills Presbyterian Church Nursery School (BHPCNS), a mission of Bradley Hills Presbyterian Church, encourages children’s growth in a community of inclusion and respect reflecting core values inspired by faith traditions. In this loving and caring community children are encouraged to develop their own talents, uniqueness, and self-esteem.
BHPCNS believes that young children learn best through play. Our play-based early childhood education program provides hands on multi-sensory experiences both indoors and outdoors to foster a lifelong love of learning.
Through our nurturing atmosphere and respect for each child’s unique learning style and temperament, our children grow in resilience, confidence, and independence. Our classroom communities provide an environment where children learn to be kind, respectful, sympathetic and to develop relationships with both adults and their peers.
Our program focuses on the whole child through social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual development tailored to each child’s individual needs. Our children learn through free play, arts and crafts, individual and communal projects, dramatic play, literature, music, science, foreign language, and creative movement.
Available through the Alla Johnson Scholarship Fund established by the Nursery School Board.
For more information or to schedule a tour
- Visit theBradley Hills Nursery School web site at www.bhpcns.org, or
- Contact: our director, Liz Sobrino at 301-365-2909